Monday 2 April 2012

notd | geometric

Hey guys! So, first post? Pretty exciting, huh? To be honest, I'm pretty scared, but that's not the reason you visited my little corner of the internets - so let's get on to the nails!



To do the look, apply a coat or two of a base coat, then when it's fully dry, stick some scotch tape at an angle over part of the nail and paint. This will give a clean edge when you peel it off.
 After that's dry, stick another piece of tape at a different angle further up the nail and paint a different colour. Then paint the third colour, and finally, using a nail art pen, brush or a toothpick, draw a thin line between each colour to make them look more geometrical. Oh, and top coat. Don't forget top coat - especially if you're not inclined to change your nail polish every three hours.

Products Used:
L-R OPI Strawberry Margarita, China Glaze Papaya Punch,
LA Colors Mini Color Craze Polish Fun In The Sun
L-R OPI Original Nail Envy, Ciaté Super Sexy Dry, Amuse Fave Nail Art Color Black
Buy: OPI Strawberry Margarita, £10.50
 China Glaze Papaya Punch, £5.95
LA Colors Mini Color Craze Polish Fun In The Sun, Currently $1, approx £0.63
OPI Original Nail Envy, £18.55
Ciaté Super Sexy Dry, £3.49
Amuse Fave Nail Art Color Black, Currently $1.49, approx £0.93

Thanks for reading my blog!
"OPI Strawberry Margarita"
Awww little baby OPI bottle!

11 comments:

  1. Love the name of your blog!! I am now following you! :) Please come and check out mine http://foxxybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the nails wish i was good at things like that but nail art is not my strength, im more of a makeup kinda girl


    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know what you mean! its amost impossible for me to do my right hand and i end up redoing half the nails! xx

      Delete
  3. It looks really pretty and bright! I never do tape designs though as I'm too impatient :(

    http://www.screamforicecreme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! haha i know so am i! the ciate super sexy dry really helps the nail polish to dry quicker tho :) xx

      Delete
  4. Such a cute idea! I'll definitely be trying this and keeping up with your blog! I write a beauty/fitness/DIY blog for a NY radio station. Check it out if you get a chance! Ill have to tell the listeners of my show about this!

    www.thatswildwithkiesha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Natasha, I saw one of your comments on someone else's blog saying that you had recently started up, so as I am in the same position as you, I thought I'd come along and support you!
    Love the nail art, your nails looked amazing in the marbling post. Will definitely be giving that a go soon, it looks easier than doing drawn-on nail art, which I find I am too clumsy to do very well! I can never do my right hand!
    Anyway, keep up the good work! My blog is: melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks for stopping by! i'll check out your blog as well xx

      Delete
  6. I love these nails, I play around with different styles of nail art and find it impossible to do my left hand. These design is great though.

    I want to buy OPI's nail envy and was wondering your opinions on it.

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think it's really great if your nails are really weak or in need of a break, but if your nails are relatively healthy any other base coat is just as good :) x

      Delete