Monday 16 April 2012

my nail polish collection - reds

I wanted to do swatches of some of my nail polishes, but as soon as I thought about it, I realised that it would take FOREVER to do each nail polish separately, so I thought this would be the easiest way to go about it. Here come the reds!
For some people this may seem like a lot of nail polishes, but for me compared to how many shades of other colours I have it's not that many reds. And from what I do have about five of them are the same shade.
L-R China Glaze Raspberry Festival, GOSH Lambada, Body Collection No Name

China Glaze Raspberry Festival - This is included in this NOTD, and I really love the colour. It has tiny micro shimmers in it, and I think I read a blog describing it as China Glaze's little sister to Ruby Pumps. I don't own Ruby Pumps,  so I can't comment on that, but this is the only red I would feel comfortable wearing in summer. Applies really well too.

GOSH Lambada - This is the beginning of all the reds of the same colour, but I have to say I really like this. Two thin coats of this and I'm done.

Body Collection No Name - This came in a set, and I've never worn it, given that I'm spoilt for choice when it comes to this particular shade. From the application for the swatch, it seems quite streaky, and on the nails it might need three or four coats to reach full opacity.
L-R 2True Shade 21, OPI Big Apple Red, Eyeko Saucy Polish

2True Shade 21 - This was one of my first nail polishes, it must be over three years old and it's still not gone thick, although it really is on it's last legs. There's a bit of a mini Max Factor polish in there as well, there was a tiny bit left in the bottle so I poured it into this one. For two pounds, the formula is surprisingly good, maybe I would think about buying more 2True nail polishes if I didn't have as large a collection that needs thinning out!

OPI Big Apple Red - Bog standard red. I wouldn't recommend buying this, as OPI is quite expensive and it's about the same quality as the cheaper ones.

Eyeko Saucy Polish - Now this one I didn't intentionally buy. As Eyeko has had a major rebranding, on the website they were doing £10 mystery bags, with three "old" products, and this was one of them. No doubt I'll use it up once I've finished some of my other reds, as it is really good quality.
Orly Ruby, OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress, Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle, Ciaté Wait Until Dark

Orly Ruby - To be honest, when I got this in my January Glossybox, I thought to myself, "Oh, no. Another red. Jeeez." But it is darker than the squadron I've just listed above, so it will have it's uses.

OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress - Unlike Orly's Ruby, this is shimmery. I think the name is quite strange, but whatever, and the colour looks lovely in the winter when I have extreeemly pale hands. Dark red and pale skin go together.

Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle - My immediate thought, when I saw this in my December Glossybox, was "I'm gonna wear this on Christmas Day." So yeah, this nail polish makes me feel nice and festive. Downside is that I have to wait seven or eight months to use it. And it's a pain to get off as it's a glitter polish.

Ciaté Wait Until Dark - I think I got this as a freebie in a Marie Claire magazine - it was either this or a nude colour. The nude looked really nice, but all the magazines with that shade were gone. I'm not sure if this is a dark purple or red, but again, it's gorgeous with pale skin.

Wow, this was a long post - hope it didn't bore you! Do you want to see swatches of my other colours?

3 comments:

  1. Great collection)

    Lili
    http://natcosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, but I just think nail wheels themselves are so cool!
    Also yes please to swatches of other colours! xx

    ReplyDelete