Wednesday 25 April 2012

notd | all buttoned up

I'm a big fan of easy nail art, and one of my favourite ways to add awesomeness to a manicure is, using a bended out kirby grip/bobby pin, apply some dots any way you'd like.
Two coats, although it was pretty opaque with one.
I used a nail art brush to do the french tip and then poured some black nail polish onto some scrap paper, then dip something in it that can make dots, like a kirby grip/bobby pin, dotting tool, and perhaps a toothpick would work?
L-R OPI Nail Envy, GOSH Lambada, Amuse Fave Nail Art Colour, Miss Sporty 080, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri

A few of my friends commented that my nails look like ladybirds, personally I'm reminded of buttons on a pinafore or dungarees?

Buy: OPI Original Nail Envy, £18.65
GOSH Lambada, £4.99
Amuse Fave Nail Art Colour, Currently $1.49, approx 92p 
Miss Sporty 080, £1.99
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, £5.99

On a side note, the last NOTD I did lasted quite a long time, I was surprised at the wear of it. I don't have such high hopes for this manicure, as one of my nails has already chipped a little bit.

5 comments:

  1. My first thought was ladybird! lol I wana try out some nail art again but I've snapped a few nails off :'( nursing them better atm.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cute! I love it. I really want to try some nail art, but keep putting it off because I know I'll be useless at it! Haha. But the kirby grip tip sounds like a good one, and seems quite simple, so perhaps I'll give it a try.
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, I have to try when I change my nail colors.

    http://laurencesobsession.blogspot.ca/
    Laurence

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that they look like ladybirds! Or ladybird themed anyway!
    xx

    ReplyDelete