Thursday 26 April 2012

maybelline on and on bronze

When I first heard about these Colour Tattoo eyeshadows, I thought they would be a bit of a gimmick, but after seeing endless positive reviews online, I decided to take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer at Boots. Today I have the shade On and On Bronze to share with you.
I believe that when these eyeshadows were first released in the USA, the shades were called different names. I think this particular shade's name across the water is Bad to the Bronze? To be honest I prefer that name, but since it's just a name I won't discriminate against it, because that would be mean.
The colour is (obviously) bronze, a mid-toned one at that, but under the really bright store lighting it almost gleamed taupe. I love slicking this on when I'm in a rush and don't have time to put on powder eyeshadow, and I don't have to worry about it fading away as that is one thing the Colour Tattoos don't do. If you have oily lids, I would recommend using a base underneath to prevent creasing, though. As it is neutral, everyday colour, this is the colour to get if you're only thinking about getting one because this will get a fair amount of use.
The formula is intensely pigmented, you wouldn't expect anything less, seeing as these have been compared to the MAC Paint Pots - I haven't tried them, so I can't comment. When I swatched the Colour Tattoos for the first time, I couldn't help being reminded that the texture feels very akin to a cream blush.
The glass jar fools you into thinking that you get more product than you do, it actually holds 4g, but does feel quite sturdy. Of course it is glass, so it will break if you drop it, but no leakage to be found here! Although I don't see how a solid product could leak anyway...I contradict myself a lot...
These eyeshadows have multiple uses, you could use them as an eyeshadow base, a liner (with a liner brush) or of course as an actual eyeshadow.
Pigmentation: 8/10
Overall: 9/10

Buy: Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24HR by Eyestudio in On and on Bronze, £4.99

Have you tried these out?

4 comments:

  1. they look amazing I cant wait to try them still waiting for their debut here in the UAE :(
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Colour Tattoos, but they haven't come out in Australia yet.

    I found your blog from Elle&Blair.com.

    I'm following you and I hope you can follow me back pubicly via GFC.

    jaciwalker.blogspot.com

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. need to try out this product :) nice post

    x

    ReplyDelete