Monday 2 April 2012

maybelline purple sweet

While browsing a "deal" website (I say "deal" because most of the posts are something along the lines of "WAS £1 - NOW 99p!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And yes, they do put all those exclamation marks.) I noticed that most of the posts were for discounted perfumes and cosmetics, and almost all of them were for the same websites - Cheapsmells, Fragrance Direct etc. Intrigued, I clicked on a link and started scanning around the website and a few things might have accidentaly fallen into my cart... And that is how I came to adopt this lipstick.
The lipstick is housed in beautiful dusty pink packaging with a silver band around the middle. Not high-end looking, but neither does it scream tacky and cheap. It's sturdy and feels like it could survive a tumble or two.
The shade Purple Sweet in the tube is a deep purply wine colour, but on the lips it is considerably lighter - more like a deep pink if anything but please bear in mind that I naturally have quite pigmented lips. In my humble opinion, I think this would look gorgeous on darker skin tones.
Purple Sweet
I have to say, I really like the formula. Very glossy so theres no need for lip gloss, and it's also moisturising - if a lipstick is drying I can't stand it and will apply lip balm every three minutes to keep the dry feeling away. The pigmentation isn't quite up to scratch, but in my experience it's very hard to find a lipstick that is both moisturising and pigmented. I'm indifferent to what a lipstick smells like unless it's horrible, and from what my little snout can detect, it's unscented.
Overall, Maybelline Watershine lipstick in Purple Sweet is pretty average and good for work or school if you aren't afraid of bright colours. I'd rate the pigmentation 5.5/10 (yup, I couldn't choose between 5 and 6) and the actual product 7/10.
Buy: Maybelline Watershine Lipstick in Purple Sweet 91, Currently £1
Yay second post! I'm on a (cheese) roll! Ooooooh, punny.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely colour! I don't really like Maybelline generally but I might give this a try, I like how the colour isn't too bright, but not too subtle either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! after all, it's only a pound! Oh, and congrats. you're my first ever commenter! Have a virtual medal :)

      Delete