Sunday 22 April 2012

my nail polish collection - oranges

First there were the reds. Now, oranges! Except there aren't that many. The swatch wheel looks almost empty, I feel sorry for it.
I tend only to wear oranges in the spring and summer, and when I'm nail polish shopping, oranges and corals aren't the sort of thing I gravitate towards. The reason for this is, even though I'm not picky at all about what goes on my nails, I can't stand uber bright, neon, garish oranges.
L-R Barry M Peach Melba, Collection 2000 Flirt, Body Collection No Name

Barry M Peach Melba - I think this was my first venture into the land of oranges, and it's seen better days. I've heard people say that Barry M make really good nail polishes, I have to disagree with that as sure, the colour selection is great, and they don't break the bank at around £3 each, but every time I want to use one of my Barry M polishes I have to use nail polish thinner to make it usable as they go all gloopy. However the colour Peach Melba is really pretty, emphasises a tan well and pastels are in for spring as well (not that whats "in" should dictate what you wear).

Collection 2000 Flirt - Ages ago, Superdrug had a deal where all Collection 2000 Hot Looks nail polishes were a pound, and I convinced myself that I would get the entire range. Obviously I gave up on that, as there are so many, but that explains why I have so many of the same brand as I go on with this series. The consistency is alright, a bit on the sheer side, but a really nice colour all the same.

Body Collection No Name - In the same box set as the red in the previous post, this also has never been worn, but the shade is rather unique, it's a sort of burnt orange but still manages to be light, and it has shimmer. On my mental "To Paint" list.
L-R China Glaze Papaya Punch, OPI Cajun Shrimp, Sally Hansen Pomegranate

China Glaze Papaya Punch - The closest I'll get to buying a neon orange. The formula is great, and you certainly get enough of it, as the bottle houses a whopping 14ml. I believe the colour was from the 2011 Island Escape collection. Featured in a NOTD here.

OPI Cajun Shrimp - A mini from the OPI Best of the Best collection, you'll be seeing a lot more of these. Compared to the China Glaze polish, it looks almost pink but in real life this is definitely a coral. Application wise, it'll take two coats for full opacity, and I'm in love with the creme formula.

Sally Hansen Pomegranate - I bought this under the impression that it would be a light red, but actually is very akin to OPI Cajun Shrimp, just a metallic version. NOTD including it here.

Doing this series in rainbow order, yellows and golds are up next!

5 comments:

  1. I love those collection nail polishes. I used the red on my louboutin nail post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really lovely colours! I agree about the BarryM polishes - some of them are fine, but then some of them I go to use and give up as I can't be bothered with them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! and im glad to know i just didnt get faulty ones :) x

      Delete