Monday 2 April 2012

bourjois volumizer mascara

A while ago I remember Tanya Burr, or pixi2woo on YouTube raved about this mascara, so the next time I popped into Superdrug, I picked it up, despite already having about a billion mascaras (oh, woe is me..)
As you can probably see, there are two steps. Yes, Bourjois has gone hi-tech! Both steps use the same brush, however step two has more product on.
Step 1
Step 2
If you use Step 1 on it's own, you are left with elegant, natural eyes - great for everyday.
But if you're feeling frisky, go ahead and apply Step 2 for dramatic lashes with tons of volume! The only problem I have with Step 2 is the clumps. Ohhh, the clumps. If you aren't extremely light-handed with Step 2, you will end up with three big clumps of eyelashes. Which is totally fine, if you like that look. (I don't.)
Natural
After Step 1 and Step 2
Overall I do like this mascara, although I will find myself using only Step 1 more often that not. The formula is very wet, and holds a curl surprisingly well. It doesn't flake, and there is minimal smudging underneath my eyes at the end of the day. I rate it 9/10, an extra mark being given for the fact that it is a two-in-one.
Buy: Bourjois Volumizer Mascara, £10.49

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review!

    I think I'll snap up one of these next time I'm at the shops! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! im definatley going to try this mascara :)

    this is a review on my favourite mascara:
    http://catandthat.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/cat-eyes-made-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete