Saturday 21 April 2012

17 lip stain in pinkini

I normally shy away from lip stains, as I know them to be extremely drying, and I detest dry lips. 17 have considered this problem, and decided to stick a lip balm on the other end. I approve.



First, a little gripe. The name of the shade is only on the outer packaging, which you have to take off to actually use the stain. I understand this isn't an inconvenience to most people, but for blogging purposes it's a tad annoying. To house both the stain and balm, the tube is double-ended, which makes it great to have in your handbag, as it saves you carting around two lip products - even though you probably won't have to reapply the stain, as it really does last a long time.

The balm is average, doesn't last very long but does the job. Proper, heavy-duty lip balms like Carmex will be a hundred times better at moisturising your lips, but I don't recommend putting them under the lip stain instead of the balm provided as they will make the stain simply slide off. Also, the balm isn't the twisty-uppy kind, so be careful not to snap it off!

The colour of the stain is a lovely bright pink, my favourite! I don't particularly like the felt tip applicator, it is precise, yes, but it kept running out and I had to shake it to get more product out and fully coat my lips. I fear this will dry out quite quickly. As you would expect with a stain, this lasts amazingly well throughout the day. Pretty pleased with it.

I love this 2-in-1 as all I have to do is put it on in the morning, and only have to reapply lip balm throughout the day. There is a selection of six shade, most of them seem to be pinks from what I can tell from the swatches on the Boots website.
Pigmentation 8/10
Overall 8.5/10

Buy: 17 Berry Crush Lip Stain, £4.99

I want to start some kind of a weekly series, like Wordless Wednesday or something. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried out the Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stains? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, but i heard that theyre similar, and i think they are a bit more expensive - i got this for free on the 3-for-2 in boots :)x

      Delete