Sunday 23 September 2012

top 5 autumn nail polishes

I've seen a few of these type of posts floating around recently and being the nail polish addict that I am, I thought I'd add my two cents into the mix - so without further ado, here are the nail polishes that will be on my nails the most this autumn!
It's time to say goodbye to pastel shades and bright colours, it's all about the dark greens, deep reds and navy blues. Essie's Power Clutch falls into the dark green category, it's a very dark khaki with grey undertones - for me this is basically autumn in a bottle. 
Carry On by Essie is one that I haven't got round to wearing yet, but I can predict that it'll become a firm favourite as I always gravitate towards dark plums and reds at this time of year. It's not the most opaque red I've ever used, after two coats it still looked slightly streaky.
My last NOTD featured Calvin Klein Electric Blue (here), and it's such a lovely colour that I couldn't help but include it into this list. Granted, it doesn't have the best staying power but I'm prepared to put up with it as it's a brighter alternative to navy.
I had to include a nude colour, and Nails Inc Porchester Square fits perfectly. I would describe the colour as "mushroom", it's a beige that's more on the grey side than brown and suits my skin colour really well.
Last of all is the iconic OPI Lincoln Park After Dark, and the photos make it look rather similar to Essie Carry On, but in reality Carry On is a deep red, while this leans on the purple side. My bottle is only a miniature size, but rest assured I will be buying the full size the moment this runs out!

What are your top nail polish picks for autumn?

10 comments:

  1. I'd love to have Porchester Square. I like dark reds, purples and midnight blues for autumn, think I'll paint my nails in Sally Hansen Grape Escape next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous colours!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love Essie's 'Power Clutch', going to have to get myself a bottle of that!

    onelittlevice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely picks! I absolutely adore Porchester Square, so easy to wear and goes with everything :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collection of colours, they're my type of colours and perfect for winter!

    Tsui Chung
    @ fashionganache.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Veyr pretty! The Nails Inc one is really nice, my fave :)

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, the Essie polishes look really pretty, I just might have to try them out :) Also, I really like your photography!
    http://elizaswonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these are stunning shades, but I really love the look of the Essie ones! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. lincoln park after dark is my fave colour!

    Stories of an English rose

    ReplyDelete