Sunday 30 September 2012

september favourites

Tomorrow is October, and with another month comes another favourites post. Here's my top picks from the past 30 days.
I don't usually include any kind of jewellery in favourites posts, for the simple reason that I change up what I wear every day and haven't got a particular attachment to any specific pieces. Well, I'm about to contradict myself by saying that I have only worn these two pairs of stud earrings for the whole of this month - surely that must signify some kind of love. They both are from Superdrug (I hauled the pair on the right here) and um yeah that's about it.
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Lollipop - The hype was right on this product, it just took me a few months to realise it. And besides, I can't say no to a hot pink lippy - especially one that gives such a lovely finish on the lips. But of course I have to ruin that by applying lip balm on top, unfortunately the lip butters aren't hydrating enough for me to wear them on their own.

Skin79 BB Cream - This is just a little sample that I bought from eBay (the seller is genuine, I promise) and as soon as it runs out I'll be buying the full size. I genuinely think it's improved my skin's condition, and it also evens out my skin tone although I still need concealer for under my eyes and any blemishes. I'd like to branch out into the world of BB creams more, does anyone have any recommendations?
Ginvera Green Tea Exfoliating Marvel Gel - This was included in this She Said Beauty box, what disappointed me was that the tube was half-empty when I got it. Nevertheless, this is a great product. It's unlike any other exfoliator I've used, instead of being a scrub, it's a gel that you rub into dry skin and it forms into little balls that are actually dead skin cells - so you can see it working! It leaves my skin feeling really soft and I will definitely purchase the full size in the near future.

Layla D Honey Moisturiser - Another She Said Beauty sample that was in this box, and I've been using this as a night cream as although my skin is usually oily, with the turn of the seasons it decides to throw some dry patches into the mix too - and this moisturiser helps keep them at bay as well as smelling like honey. It's a win-win situation.

I've also been loving Doctor Who, Series 7 started this month and although they're nowhere near as scary as they were when Russell T Davies was the writer, they're still really entertaining to watch. The last episode was on last night, and now I'm counting down the days until the Christmas special!

Oh, and here's what was in my latest Graze box :)

10 comments:

  1. Really want to try out that BB cream!! I've also heard that the Dr Jart ones are good too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The earrings are cute!

    Sita & Radha
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm honeycomb flapjack..that was my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Revlon lip butters - great colour!
    Graze boxes are awesome too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post and nicee blog :b

    http://brummelandme.blogspot.pt/2012/09/hard-to-breathe.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the cameo earings! :)

    Now following your blog so would love if you could follow back.

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The earrings and your food favourite is amazing. I wished that they sold them in Australia. x

    http://catsandclothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pink lipstick!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win a dixi arrow bracelet. it's worldwide, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That exfoliator sounds amazing! I have a bit of an obsession with good exfoliators lol. I also get a graze bow, love it, its like a little treat everyweek :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete