Monday 3 September 2012

a slight obsession

I've been shopping again...
I think I should ban myself from the internet in the evening as I always discover amazing bargains then convince myself that I need whatever is on sale, which most of the time tends to be makeup of sorts. Take this purchase for instance, FragranceDirect has full-sized Essie polishes for £2 each (you can view the rather large selection and spend your hard-earned pennies here) and that's just too good of a deal to pass up.
L-R Bangle Jangle, Navigate Her, Power Clutch, Carry On
I ended up getting four, as that adds up to £8 - around the RRP of one Essie nail polish. Impeccable logic, right?
I got two light colours and two darks, the lights being Bangle Jangle - a really light lilac purple and Navigate Her which is the most gorgeous green ever, sort of a light khaki colour.
Power Clutch is a dark greyed khaki and Carry On is a deep burgundy, I got these two as winter is fast approaching and I feel a bit out of place wearing hot pink nail polish all through the Christmas season, as much as I want to.
L-R L'Oreal Colour Infallible Eyeshadow in Endless Chocolat (yes, it's spelled without the e), Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory, Sally Hansen Grass Slipper, Rimmel Apricot Punch and Lemon Drop, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Brisk Blue and Whirlwind White.
As well as the Essie polishes, I indulged in some of the other bargains and shiz Fragrance Direct has to offer. Most of it may have been nail polish...but..uh...I needed it all...for...um...uh...
*cough* Let's move on, shall we?

I love the L'Oreal Colour Infalliable Eyeshadows, so I added this everyday neutral brown colour to my collection - I now have three of them!
I've heard a few beauty gurus on YouTube rave about the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer and I will try anything to cover up my dark circles (except spend a lot of money on, say, the Bobbi Brown Correcter. I'm sure I'll get round to it someday).
Sally Hansen Grass Slipper is a colour I've been wishing I had lately, mainly for some kind of nail art look I have in mind and my other green nail polishes just don't fit the bill.
Two Rimmel polishes found their way into my basket, Apricot Punch is lighter than any of my other orange-based corals, and Lemon Drop is - according to the internet - opaque in two coats, which is so hard to find in a pastel yellow so I thought I'd give it a go!
I already have one Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polish and I adore the formula, I'm so impatient when it comes to waiting for polish to dry and these basically takes the waiting element out of painting my nails. Brisk Blue is a basic primary blue, and I got Whirlwind White as internet swatches proclaim it to be opaque in two coats, and coupled with it being fast-drying I'm hoping it'll knock the socks off my OPI Alpine Snow.

So that is the story in which I ended up with nine more polishes. What was your most recent unnecessary splurge? Please tell me, it'll make me feel better :)

11 comments:

  1. I am purchasing my first Essie nail polishes right now from Fragrance Direct, you are a bad influence haha! But from the price I think it's not too bad going xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great purchases :) If shipping to Canada wasn't as expensive, I would have totally made use of that Essie deal!

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also got 4 nail polishes from /Essie! one of them is the purple one!
    <3

    bahbohh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little polish haul :) Heading over to that website now! xx

    100 blog giveaway - jensbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hauls! My favorite nail polishes are the insta dry. I'm following you now, please check out my blog and if you like it follow me too! :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting, I’ve used this site a few times now but never spotted the Essie nail varnish, just ordered two Carry on and Muchi Muchi, I would have bought more if my holiday wasn’t looming :-)

    I bought quite a few top coats from here a while back and I’ve loved using them such good prices :-)

    Sarah X
    http://sarahjanesobsessions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. £2 each? That's a steal. That's like $3 CND. And full size. Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colors look great! I wish I could find Essie polishes for around $4 here in the States! You're going to love that lumi concealer too! :) Thanks for checking out my blog!

    http://violabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love power clutch ! :) perfect for winter/fall

    Andrea and the Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete