Sunday 16 September 2012

notd | electric blue

Calvin Klein's makeup range is a brand that I've never seen at full price, it always seems to crop up on discount websites and stores and I always assumed the products were bad quality if they can afford to be discounted so much. To test this belief, I picked up a nail polish in a gorgeous electric blue colour - aptly named "Electric Blue". Props to the person that named this, bet they're a real creative type.
  I wouldn't say this nail polish has the best formula in the world, it chipped slightly after a day and after two days it really was looking worse for wear.
The shade itself has a slight shimmer to it and took two coats to become opaque, but I still could see my nail line (which bugs me more than it should). I also added an accent nail by applying one coat of Sally Hansen's Dive Deeper.
Calvin Klein Electric Blue, Sally Hansen Dive Deeper

Oh, I just noticed that I hit 200 GFC followers, thanks so much!

16 comments:

  1. I love this color! Totally the color of the season! So chic.

    x
    www.kristellouisa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been intrigued by all the calvin klein makeup on discount sites but not tried any yet. Love the sally hansen complete manicure polishes though

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great color! super love it..

    following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty combination! :)
    i follow your blog now, maybe you want to check out mine?

    anillla.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Sally Hansen polish it's really cute. I prefer opaque polishes too. xxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours! Congrats on your subscribers :)

    www.thriftyfriday.blogspot.com -This week is "Low Cost Fragrances"

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blue is amazing! :) I've always looked for such a colour, I've to try it! :) Have a great day, best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a pretty blue, i love the little shimmery bits! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing colour..how much did u buy it for?

    Shikha x
    getmegorgeous.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the electric blue a lot, it's so in right now.. nice review :)

    veyveyvera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic colors. following :3~~~~

    http://haruhiism00.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. that electric blue is gorgeous! i would def wear that shade in the winter for a POP with my dark scarves and long coats. :) cute blog

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this color!

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway from Sunglasses Shop if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete