Sunday, 16 September 2012

notd | electric blue

Calvin Klein's makeup range is a brand that I've never seen at full price, it always seems to crop up on discount websites and stores and I always assumed the products were bad quality if they can afford to be discounted so much. To test this belief, I picked up a nail polish in a gorgeous electric blue colour - aptly named "Electric Blue". Props to the person that named this, bet they're a real creative type.
  I wouldn't say this nail polish has the best formula in the world, it chipped slightly after a day and after two days it really was looking worse for wear.
The shade itself has a slight shimmer to it and took two coats to become opaque, but I still could see my nail line (which bugs me more than it should). I also added an accent nail by applying one coat of Sally Hansen's Dive Deeper.
Calvin Klein Electric Blue, Sally Hansen Dive Deeper

Oh, I just noticed that I hit 200 GFC followers, thanks so much!

19 comments:

  1. I love this color! Totally the color of the season! So chic.

    x
    www.kristellouisa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing nails!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been intrigued by all the calvin klein makeup on discount sites but not tried any yet. Love the sally hansen complete manicure polishes though

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great color! super love it..

    following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a pretty combination! :)
    i follow your blog now, maybe you want to check out mine?

    anillla.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the Sally Hansen polish it's really cute. I prefer opaque polishes too. xxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colours! Congrats on your subscribers :)

    www.thriftyfriday.blogspot.com -This week is "Low Cost Fragrances"

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blue is amazing! :) I've always looked for such a colour, I've to try it! :) Have a great day, best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete


  9. Hello, I found your blog from a friend and I went to visit! I loved your post and I am going to stay on top of all the news!

    I hope my blog:

    www.todacharmosa.com

    If you want to follow me I'll be very happy! ♥ hugs
    http://lookbook.nu/pathymoreira
    http://facebook.com/blogtodacharmosa

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a pretty blue, i love the little shimmery bits! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing colour..how much did u buy it for?

    Shikha x
    getmegorgeous.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the electric blue a lot, it's so in right now.. nice review :)

    veyveyvera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic colors. following :3~~~~

    http://haruhiism00.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. that electric blue is gorgeous! i would def wear that shade in the winter for a POP with my dark scarves and long coats. :) cute blog

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this color!

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway from Sunglasses Shop if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete