Thursday 19 July 2012

she said beauty box - july

Not much of an intro for this one, so let's get to it and here's what I got in this month's She Said Beauty box!
The box is presented the same way as ever, with it's duck-egg colour and straw inside. There were seven items this month, which at first glance I felt rather spoilt by the company, however a few of the samples are so tiny that I'm not sure they count as "luxury".
Miners Cosmetics Love Phat Liner - I've tried a few Miners Cosmetics products in the past (review of one here), and generally have been impressed with them so it was a nice surprise to see something from them in this box.
I received the colour Bandit which is a black, and has really good pigmentation. It's described as a "chubby eye pencil" and looks great to use for a smokey eye.
This is full size and retails for £3.99.

LaylaD Honey Moisturiser - As the name would suggest, it's made with pure organic honey as well as coconut oil, and it certainly smells like honey which I am a big fan of, however this cream seems a bit too thick for my oily skin. I'll try it out as a night cream and if my skin isn't a fan, I'll use it as a hand cream so it won't go to waste.
The full size is £12.99 for 50ml, and as this pot holds 15ml, this sample is worth approx. £3.90.

Murad Time Release Blemish Cleanser - I'm a teenager. This is anti-ageing. That annoys me. I shall look past that, because it's also targeted for blemishes so I will get some use out of the thing. I've not got much else to say about the thing, I'll use it when I run out of my current cleanser (Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish) and I'll update you if any miracles happen.
This full sized, and retails for £5.50
Stylefile S-file - Don't like this. It's the type of nail file that I hate, the really scratchy one that feels almost as bad as nails on a chalkboard, I've used it once and the curve is too large to do anything. So, yeah, if I ever do a blog sale this'll be in it.
This is full-sized and costs £4.49.

Freeze 24/7 Ice Crystals Anti-Aging Prep & Polish - Another anti-ageing product grrr. I'm not actually sure what this is meant to do, I think it's a cleanser. The sachet is too small to give any opinions on the product, and it's been banished to my sachet samples box (that box is overflowing).
The full size is £35 for 70g, and my sample contains 1.2g, making it worth 60p.

Eden Natural Nail Polish Remover - I like this idea, I really do. Nail polish remover in a beauty box that's natural, a lot of people would be interested in trying it out and maybe buying the full size. But why, oh why did they give us such a small sample? Seriously, that won't take off one hand of polish, one finger if it's glitter!
It doesn't have how big it is written on the bottle but it looks as big as a 1ml perfume sample, so I'm judging it like that.
The full size is £12 for 50ml, and if this is 1ml it's worth 24p.

Debenhams Beauty Club Reward Card - I really don't see the point in giving these out in this box. Either I already have one because it makes sense if I spend a lot in Debenhams to get one, or I never go to Debenhams so it's pointless having it.
I'm the latter, so I don't really have a use for this. Saying that, this was the bonus product so it's more of a little extra than an actual sample so I can't blame She Said Beauty too much.
Worth £0.

Overall, this box was pretty hit-and-miss for me. I'm excited to use the Murad cleanser, the Miner's Cosmetics eye pencil and the LaylaD Honey Moisturiser which will be good if my skin can take it, but the rest of the box was just meh. The total worth of the box came to approx. £19, which isn't too bad considering it cost £12 inc. postage!

Here's the link if you want to subscribe to She Said Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment