Sunday 30 December 2012

december favourites

So here we are at the last post of 2012 and wow time seems to have gone fast. It seems like yesterday that I was typing up my May Favourites and now 6 months later I'm doing the same thing, I'm so glad I have the opportunity to and I guess I'd just like to thank you for reading and supporting me for the short time I've been in this blogging community, I can't tell you how much it means to me that there's actually someone out there reading me rambling on about beauty.
I hope you all have a wonderful year ahead of you and keep an eye out on this blog, I have a few giveaways planned for next year!
I mentioned the Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse BB Cream in my recent haul, and have been using it every day since. The BB Cream comes in only one shade and blends in seamlessly with my very fair skin however it may look ashen on darker skin tones. 
The formula is hydrating and thick but it manages not to feel at all greasy due to it being oil-free and as with almost all BB Creams the coverage is light and the finish is dewy, but the main reason I've been reaching for this over my foundations is that it doesn't cling to dry patches which in these cold winter months is essential although I think that this may get a lot of use in the summer as well due to the sheer coverage.
Do you remember what I said in my November Favourites, about the Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 107 being my favourite winter lipstick? Well, I've changed my mind. That award now goes to the MUA Lipstick in Shade 1, which I team with my E.L.F Studio Lip Liner in Wine (which conveniently comes with a good quality lip brush on the other end) to create a bold dark red lip, pictured above.

As you can see from the swatch, the concealer doesn't match my skin tone at all but as it was a mini that came in a set I wanted to somehow try it out. I've been using Benefit Erase Paste in Medium as a corrector for my dark under-eye circles then using a concealer in my skin tone over it which works brilliantly since the Erase Paste is incredibly pigmented and you only need the tiniest bit as it's so thick. I'm interested to see if the lighter shade will match my skin tone because if it does I may have found my holy grail concealer.

To match my vampy red lips I've been going for winged eyeliner and as it's almost impossible for me to do it with pencil or liquid eyeliner I turned to the only black gel eyeliner I have, the 17 Falsifeye Gel Eyeliner which was a limited edition eyeliner that came free as part of a promotion Boots were doing. I'm prepared to admit that it's not the best, it's not incredibly pigmented or long-lasting but I'm adding this into my favourites to represent my love of winged eyeliner as of late.

For some reason I've started caring about my brows this month and have been using the Dainty Doll Eyeliner Pencil in Goody Two Shoes to fill them in. This pencil has never been of much use to me as an eyeliner but since I've discovered that it's the perfect shade for my brows it's now incorporated into my daily routine. The pencil also isn't extremely pigmented which actually works out in my favour as it gives a more natural look.

Are you doing anything to ring in the New Year?

8 comments:

  1. I really want thr bb cream it looks amazing and that mua lipstick is in such a gotgeous colour!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I love your blog and this post was just as awesome! What drugstore concealer would you recommend as I'm on a budget thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! for a high coverage concealer i'd recommend the collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer, which is about £4 and for undereye circles i use either the maybelline dream lumi touch or maybelliner pure mineral concealer xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, that red lip is amazing! Hopefully I'll be able to find a website where I can buy MUA products here in the US

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUA's website ( http://www.muastore.co.uk/index.php/ ) ships internationally, but it costs £7.50 to get it to the US xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by our blog :)
    You have a nice blog!

    www.2smalltowngirls.blogspot.com/ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. your lips look absolutely stunning in that shade! I'm so jealous. Fantastic favourites :) following you, I adore your photos x

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Loved the article.. and the bb cream looks nice.. how many hours does it effect last ?

    Love
    The Blah Queen
    Garnier BB Cream Review

    ReplyDelete