Thursday 27 December 2012

december beauty boxes

December is the month where I go all out on beauty boxes. As the beauty box companies all base their themes on Christmas, it stands to reason that this month's boxes will be superior to other months and I'm not ashamed to admit that I exploit this by subscribing to quite a few...here's what was in them!
In my SheSaidBeauty box was a Jamela 24k Gold Under Eye Mask, a Technic nail polish in Tawny Port, MesmerEyez Coloured Contacts in Diamond Blue, an Amie Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask, two Jing Whole Leaf teabags, one is jasmine tea and the other is green tea and finally two sachets of Dr Duve skincare, one is an eye cream and the other a face cream.

It's always nice to see a nail polish in a beauty box and despite the brand being rather a cheap one, the colour is lovely and I'll get some use out of it.
I'm on the fence on how I feel about being sent coloured contacts, I wore them to a party and they enhanced my already blue eyes but they expire a day after opening so they're single use.
The Amie clay mask was in a previous box, which I'm rather disappointed with as I'd rather try something new but I did enjoy it before so I can't really complain.
I'm also not to keen on the tiny sachet samples of the Dr Duve skincare, although I can see why they're so small considering the price for the full size - over £100 for skincare? Sheesh.
The value of this box is approximately £25.37 if each of the Dr Duve samples is 2ml (they have no weight on them).
Unfortunately this is SheSaidBeauty's last box, I'm quite sad to see them go as they were my favourite beauty box!
You can find me on SheSaidBeauty here.
In my Glossybox was a vial of Lemon by Mary Greenwell Eau De Parfum, a Rituals body cream, a Sebamed Hydrating Body Lotion, a Seche nail polish in Precious, a Glossybox blush in Glossy Rosewood and a Sleek lipstick in Amped.

Overall I'm thrilled with this box, although the inclusion of two body lotions wasn't ideal, nor was the little perfume vial as I'm not too keen on the scent.
As I mentioned before, nail varnishes are right up my alley and Precious is a light pink with a blue duochrome - not the colour I would've chosen (although I've just looked up some swatches and it looks gorgeous) but Seche polishes are rather expensive so I'm expecting the formula to be good!
The stand-out item for me has to be the Sleek lipstick, and the colour I received is Amped, a matte neon pink that doesn't look a world away from MAC's Candy Yum Yum. To be honest it would be nice to have got a festive red colour, but I'm still delighted with this.
I haven't used the blush yet, nor have I tried any of the Glossybox exclusive products but as they're made by Kryolan I'm looking forward to it.
The value of this box is around £21.81, not including the Glossybox blush as a price is not given for it.
You can subscribe to Glossybox here.
 In my LuxBox was a Sheer Cover Smokey Eyes Eyeshadow Palette, a Sheer Cover Base Perfector Primer, a Green People Fruit Scrub Exfoliator, a Mashooq Deep Penetrating Oil and an Ancienne Ambiance Luxury Goddess Gift Soap in Savon Rose.

I genuinely squealed when I opened this box and saw the eyeshadow palette (and more so when I saw the RRP, £20.95, what?!), I've never tried anything from the brand Sheer Cover and the colours look lovely. From left to right are White Ice, Silver Polish, Soft Coal, Royal Blue, Deep Violet and Starry Night and I'm really quite excited to give this a go!
Also from Sheer Cover is a face primer, I never really use face primer although I have a few samples from different brands but as I'm getting more and more into face products no doubt one day it will make its way into my makeup routine.
I'm a bit unsure as to whether I will use the hair oil from Mashooq as my hair gets greasy (I hate that word) quite easily but the included leaflet says that it works with all hair types, I shall have to put that theory to the test though.
I can never have too many exfoliators, so an organic one by Green People is a welcome addition to my rather large exfoliator family and as one of my New Year's resolutions will be to start doing Empties posts I will check back with how it performed once I've used it up.
And as for the soap that became a stocking stuffer for my mum, I'm sure she appreciated it more than I would - I'll always be faithful to my shower gel and liquid hand wash.

The value of this box is about £55.55, and that isn't even a typo.
You can subscribe to LuxBox here.

Did you receive any beauty boxes this month?

6 comments:

  1. I got glossybox and i loved it so much!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved my Glossy Box this month, but my SSS box was rubbish. I was going to end sub with them anyways and then got the email, haha! xx

    Julie
    sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree that it doesn't really compare to the other boxes, but i'm sad to see them go all the same! xx

      Delete
  3. That Sheercover palette looks amazing! Why don't you order ipsy bag?

    http://SearchingforLBD.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ipsy is the one run by michelle phan, right? i dont think they deliver to the uk :( shame, i've seen previous boxes and they look fantastic! xx

      Delete