Saturday 6 July 2013

empties #5

Let's start by addressing the obvious. So yes, the blog has had a spot of redecorating. I haven't really changed it that much and it's still far off from how I want it to look, but at least everything is tidied up a little - although I do miss that background with the leaves on it. I've tried to design a few different headers (and I was going to have you lot vote for the best one), but I'm useless at photoshop so I'm sticking with a simple design for now. Which do you prefer, my current layout or the old one?

Back on topic...

I'm trying to work my way through my perfume stash, and I managed to get through a bottle of Paris Hilton Passport in South Beach. The scent is a typical fruity floral that smells as young and teenage as the bottle makes it out to be. The wear time isn't very good, and overall it's just... average.
Repurchase? No.

That plain little white pot is a sample of MOA The Green Balm, and dare I say it I prefer this over Weleda's Skin Food in terms of a do-everything balm/ointment thing. It's incredibly moisturising and doesn't absorb instantly, which I quite like as it means I don't feel the need to keep reapplying it - plus I only use it at night so having an ointment on any dry patches doesn't bother me too much. Works well as a lip balm too.
Repurchase? Yes.

After nine months, my tiny little bottle of Origins Super Spot Remover has come to an end. I don't need to rave about this as you've probably tried it and experienced the magic of this product yourself but oh it is mighty fine. I've just discovered that Origins also do one specifically aimed at treating acne too (little piece of trivia for you there).
Repurchase? Already have.

The L'Occitane Angelica Hydration Cream that was in my Editor's Pick Birchbox has been finished, and I really enjoyed using it. It's light, hydrating and leaves my skin feeling supple as well as smelling slightly of figs. Not a fan of the price though.
Repurchase? Yes, when I have a spare £30 to spend on skincare lying around...

Another used-up sample of the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish has just confirmed my love for it (and hot cloth cleansers in general) as it makes makeup removal so easy and hassle-free, all my makeup just slides off after I've massaged this in and I don't have to rub my eyes raw to get all my mascara off. I can see why this is HG status for so many.
Repurchase? Yup.
I've finally got through my last pack of cleansing wipes (I stocked up on them before I found out how bad they were for my skin) and they're the Olay Gentle Cleansers Wet Cleansing Wipes - bought in Greece, apparently. As far as cleansing wipes go, these are pretty good and were alright at removing the majority of my makeup before I go in with the big guns (read: hot cloth cleanser).
Repurchase? No.

And finally, a body lotion. I'm a big fan of cheapy body butters as The Body Shop ones are so overpriced and the Superdrug Mango & Papaya Body Butter sure did smell as good as anything TBS could offer. The big pot lasted ages and between Superdrug's own brand and I Love... I'm pretty much sorted in the way of affordable scented body butters - although I think that after I've worked my way through my body lotion stash I may just end up returning to my ol' faithful Palmer's.
Repurchase? No.

7 comments:

  1. Great post! Love the new blog design ;)

    http://sundaydesire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this product from Origins? I have never heard of it! I feel like i've been living under a rock for the last 25 years, thanks for opening my eyes I will check this out!

    Ellie x

    www.littlered26.wordpress.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you need to try it! it's been a lifesaver for me many a time xo

      Delete
  3. I hadn't considered buying the Origins spot remover as my skin isn't usually very bad but it's been playing up a lot recently so now I'm quite tempted to buy it!

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great empties post!
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try that Origins stuff, read so many good reviews! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting prodcuts! I find these little Hot Cloth Polish samples so handy for travelling! I have two of them lying around, they came as gifts when I bought several full sized ones and also the tiny cloth that comes along is so cute :D

    xx

    www.kazetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete