Monday 10 June 2013

would you rather: makeup edition

I was tagged by the lovely Cathi to do this spin-off of some classic would you rather questions - I hated these as a kid as I could never choose between the two (usually rather grotesque) choices. Still, I doubt that this beauty edition will contain the same horrific scenarios that plagued my childhood (a few of those questions really did scar little seven-year-old me).

Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks and lipglosses or lose all of your palettes and eyeshadows?
I'd rather lose all of my palettes and eyeshadows, I don't even own that many palettes and don't wear eyeshadow on a daily basis so it wouldn't be that much of a loss to me!

Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?
I'm one of those people that always admires girls with short hair, but never has the guts to get it all chopped off myself. But if it came down to it, I'd shave off all my hair in an instant - never being able to cut it again would be awful. It'd give me an excuse to buy a tonne of hats too.

Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?
Coral all the way. I find it hard to pull off both orange and hot pink blushes, so coral is a happy medium for me.

If you had $1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or makeup?
I can't imagine ever using the amount of makeup $1000 can buy at the same time. Clothes are much more expensive than makeup and I never go on huge shopping sprees, so it would be amazing to just go wild and buy anything I laid my eyes on. Also, all the makeup would go bad after a while, probably before I'd even had a chance to try half of it out - so I'm 100% going for clothes as my answer.

Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner or eyeliner as lipstick?
I actually wouldn't mind both. If I had a really thin brush and a deep plum lipstick it could work as eyeliner, and I'm imagining that bright blue eyeliner as lipstick would look pretty good too. I'd go for the eyeliner as lipstick though, I'm all for strange lip colours.

Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?
Considering the UK is yet to be graced by the presence of a Sephora, I'm going to substitute it for something the likes of the Selfridges Beauty Hall. I can't imagine only shopping at MAC though, I need more variety so I'm going with Sephora for this one.

Would you rather only use one eyeshadow colour or one lip colour for the rest of your life?
Well, this is easy. I'd definitely rather only use one eyeshadow colour as I just can't let go of my lipsticks. It'd probably be a shimmery champagne sort of shade.

Would you rather wear winter clothes in summer or summer clothes in winter?
They both sound awful! I'd be far too hot bundled up in a jacket in the summer, and I'd have to stay inside all day with the air conditioning on, but if I had to wear summer clothes in winter I wouldn't be able to go outside either as I'd freeze up. I guess I'd rather wear winter clothes in summer just as I hate being too cold more than I hate being too hot.

Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round?
Bright nails make up most of my nail polish collection, so I'd go for brights. Even in winter I do occasionally bust out a hot pink or mint green polish, so I wouldn't exactly suffer much.

Would you rather give up your favourite lip product or your favourite eye product?
Favourite eye product, as I'm not even sure if I have one. I'm indifferent towards most of my eyeliners but I do have more than one that I like, and I also have more than one favourite mascara so I think I'd be fine. Plus, my favourite lip product is lip balm and I ain't giving that up anytime soon.

Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a ponytail or a messy bun?
I never wear my hair in a ponytail, so a messy bun it is!

Would you rather never be able to paint your nails again or never use lipgloss?
Lipgloss has fallen by the wayside for me over the past year or two, and I hardly ever wear it any more. And seeing me in a state where I could never paint my nails again would be tragic. My nails would be in excellent condition though.

Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all or sharpie them in every day?
If I shaved my eyebrows, would I still be able to fill them in? Assuming I would, I don't think that the results would be that bad - and they would grow back, right? RIGHT? But a big no thanks to black sharpied eyebrows.

Would you rather live without makeup or nail polish?
I'd rather live without nail polish. As much as I love it, it doesn't give me the confidence boost that makeup does.

Let me know if you've done this tag in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading these tags :) really liked your answers xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Sephora shops in France and they have an excellent variety of products and brands. I would have chosen Sephora too, it's one of my favourite shops. Funny tag! ^v^

    ReplyDelete