Saturday 1 June 2013

notd | rainbow confetti

L'Oreal Confetti Top Coat
Nails Inc Peach Sorbet (from last year's InStyle mag) | OPI Steady as She Rose | Sally Hansen Green Tea | Essie Bangle Jangle

I'll be honest, when I first saw L'Oreal's Confetti top coat it didn't appeal to me at all. 
I like glitter nail polish because it's sparkly and well... glittery, so matte glitter? I'll pass. But I gave in to the hype, as you do, and I've completely changed my mind. It's gorgeous. I know you're probably sick of seeing blog posts about this top coat, so I'll shut up about it now - but only if you promise to buy it. Think of it as 2013's Max Factor Fantasy Fire (remember the hype around that?).
Every time I apply OPI's Steady as She Rose I fall a little bit more in love with it, and that's coming from a person doesn't even like pink nail polish... however much my previous two nail posts beg to differ. It's the perfect light pink-purple and it's not ridiculously sheer, hell yeah. I'm also loving the mint Sally Hansen shade, I own a few shades in this particular kind of Sally Hansen nail polish and the formula is always great - so cheap too!
Despite buying Essie's Bangle Jangle over six months ago, I've never even swatched it before today so it was a pleasant surprise to find out that it was opaque in two coats, however the shade is darker than the bottle and online swatches would lead you to believe.

Do you own the L'Oreal Confetti top coat? What's your favourite base colour for it?

20 comments:

  1. I love the pastels shades you have used as a base coat, it looks so pretty! I have the Maybelline Color Show Chalk Dust which is similar to the confetti so I could create a similar look using that :)

    Becky xx
    beautytobakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I'm obsessed with the way the pastel color works with the glitter, so cute and perfect for a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steady As She Rose is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing. Will have to re-create it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like! They remind me of those cute little robin's eggs

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of those and your photos are fab too xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks so nice, and so summery too! i'm going to have to try and recreate it :)
    leyla xx
    http://mythoughtsandboredom.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love those nails so much! Great post! :D
    Jennifer

    beautydreamerinsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, this looks so pretty! What a super cool top coat. Reminds me of the new Illamasqua and Hard Candy speckled polishes. Will have to check out this top coat too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that topcoat. Going to look for it here. Thanks for sharing lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, I saw the L'Oreal nail polish the other day and I wondered what it would look like on and here it is.

    xo Natasha
    http://thenightiswild.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these nail polishes! And I love the confetti top coat :) (with the mint base)

    Great blog! I just followed you :)

    If you can, check out ladolcemoda7.blogspot.com

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. that whole nail look is gorgeous! may have to steal it
    xoruth
    ruthandglory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the colours are actually gorgeous! & The glitter makes it look even more glam!
    Lovely post!

    www.strawberryshake03.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog! Following :)
    Beautybyericakate.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love how you take your photos, they look wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to get that top coat. It looks great! Thanks for introducing it to me :)
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete