Friday 15 March 2013

red nose day

If you're in the UK, it's almost impossible not to know that today is Red Nose Day and to get myself in the spirit, red lips, nails and of course a red nose were in order!
By the time I realised that I wanted to paint my nails red, it was 11 o'clock on Thursday night and I didn't have time to  paint numerous coats of polish and wait for them to dry so I don't end up with marks from my bedsheets. So I settled for this easy option - basically it's red french manicure tips outlined with black. They didn't turn out quite as neat as I would like, but hey-ho I was tired and at least they dried quickly!
 And of course the red lips. I filled in my lips using an MUA lip liner in Brooding Plum, and as it wasn't quite as dark as I would like I dabbed a tiny bit of a Fyrinnae Lip Lustre in Dragon's Blood on top. This was my first time using the MUA lip liner and I'm more than impressed - it's very pigmented and creamy, the quality is much better than the £1 price tag would lead you to believe.

Comic Relief starts at 7pm GMT (in half an hour!) today on BBC 1, will you be watching?

1 comment:

  1. The red colour is really lovely, so bright and bold xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete