Tuesday 26 March 2013

notd | pink chevron

I've been keeping painting my nails to a minimum for the past few months as they were in such bad condition and I was having to nurse them back to health with OPI Nail Envy, however I do miss wearing nail polish (hmm, what's that? yes, beauty addict right here. the one frantically waving her manicured hands in the air like her life depended on it, yup that's me.) and eventually, after having a stare-down contest with those little bottles of varnish and losing, I admitted defeat. Woah that was over-dramatic.

 My nails were initially going to be sporting Nails Inc Elizabeth Street on it's own, but after using it and realising that it was just another typical nude nail polish that would only be opaque with a gazillion layers, I settled for doing some kind of nail art with Nails Inc Piccadilly Circus. It turned out somewhere between a half-moon manicure, really thick french tips and some sort of chevron thing. Whatever it is, the use of the darker colour allowed me to only paint three coats of Elizabeth Street even though it's still slightly streaky - drying time isn't good either and as you can see from the photos, my bedsheets made their mark. Piccadilly Circus on the other hand was great, it was opaque in two thin coats and is a gorgeous dark raspberry colour.
I'm having bad luck with nude nail polishes, they're all way too sheer (Essie I'm looking at you) and I completely don't understand why nail polish manufacturers still make them as I can't see the appeal?!

Despite Elizabeth Street being a disappointment, I think that it's safe to say that Nails Inc are my favourite nail polish brand - what's yours?

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of Piccadilly Circus xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheer polishes drive me nuts!!!! I always end up smudging them after the 1000x coats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate sheer polishes too! So annoying, they need to try harder to make them opaque! x
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete