Saturday 2 March 2013

pastel polish picks

Now that I feel that I can finally say that spring is here without getting weird looks, I feel that it's about time that I busted out my pastel nail polishes and shared my favourites with you. As a self-proclaimed nail polish hoarder, I was surprised to find that I didn't have as many as I first thought, but it was still pretty hard to whittle it down to my top five! All swatches shown are with two coats.
Rimmel Lemon Drop is a standard pastel yellow, nothing special yet it's perfect for any kind of pastel nail art. The swatch is making it seem more opaque than it is, on the nail it'll need more than two coats or at least a white nail polish underneath it as a base.
Barry M Peach Melba is a favourite of mine, it compliments my skin whether I'm tanned or not but the one complaint I have is the drying time - the formula is a tad thick and I always end up smudging at least one nail.
OPI Steady as She Rose is another favourite and is the only pink nail polish that I wear on a regular basis. It's not extremely sheer unlike some polishes (case in point: OPI Bubble Bath and almost all Essie baby pinks) and overall applies quite nicely as do most OPI polishes.
I own a fair few mint nail polishes, but I think that Sally Hansen Green Tea is the best of them all. It's not too bright or blue-toned and the brush on the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes is fantastic.
Last but not least is Revlon Cloud. The formula is amazing and it dries almost instantly, not to mention that the colour is gorgeous - I find it rather difficult to describe, it certainly looks far darker in the bottle than it does on the nail but I'd say it's a very light grey-lilac-cornflower blue. Does that make sense?

What nail polish are you wearing right now?

10 comments:

  1. that is so strange i have sally hansen polish in green tea on my nails right now! Its the first times i have tried it and im in love! :)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Barry M pastel orange is too pretty! I also really love the green! Great for St. Patties day coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these pastel shades look so pretty! I always love yellow and green pastels.

    dreamdustx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely colours!
    I love pastels, bring on Summer!
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love these shades! I love that Spring is coming, I miss my pastels! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these! Especially the Barry M. one :)

    ReplyDelete

  7. This makes me anxious for spring!!

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrettyLittleUpcycles?ref=seller_info

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving all these colorful spring nails that are popping up everywhere!!

    www.makingitsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makes me so so excited for Spring! Can't believe I still don't own a mint nail polish, that Sally Hansen one is lovely.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those swatches are so pretty! I actually want to give the rimmel a shot even though I hate polishes that aren't super opaque, and the barry m looks lovely, and the revlon, you make me want them all lol.

    ReplyDelete