Monday 20 May 2013

may birchbox

Doctor Duve Anti-Ageing & Firming Eye Cream | Elemental Herbology Cell Plumping Facial Hydrator | B/Attitude Body Souffle
Kusmi Tea Detox Tea | OPI Nail Lacquer | Makebelieve Enhance Luminize Skin Highlighter

Two Birchbox posts in one week, oh how I spoil you. I'm still undecided as to whether I'm going to stay subscribed to Birchbox, I do love receiving them in the mail but the stingy side of me is very unhappy about parting with £13 per month. Oh well. Better find myself a job, eh?

I'm not a fan of sachet samples so I was slightly disappointed when I saw the Doctor Duve eye cream samples, as I really need to test a skincare product out for a while before I decide whether I like it or not. However, the sachets are rather large and will hopefully last more than one use each, so I'm going to try and depot the cream into a small jar or something so I can actually use it.
Personally I'm always happy to see tea - or any kind of food or drink - in a beauty box, the flavour I have seems to be some kind of fancy green tea and I'm actually a bit excited (is that sad?) to see what it tastes like. The tea is loose leaf which may present a problem for some people, but luckily my house is abundant with tea strainers so I'll have no problem brewing this up.
Usually the sight of another body lotion in a beauty box would make me groan inwardly, but I have to say that the Body Souffle feels amazingly luxurious - this is one body lotion that I won't mind using up. I'm in love with the scent, I can't quite put my finger exactly on what it reminds me of but it definitely smells familiar.
The mini OPI nail polish was a welcome surprise but gawd I wish OPI would start putting the names of the polishes on their mini bottles, from what I can tell from the Birchbox website the shade I have is called The Thrill Of Brazil - but don't quote me on that! I have to say the shade looks very similar to OPI's Big Apple Red but a lovely colour nonetheless.
I'm also pleased to see a decent-sized sample of the Elemental Herbology Cell Plumping Facial Hydrator in the box, I've tried this before and really liked it but the price is so high that I can't justify buying the full size. I'm looking forward to trying out the highlighter too, I swatched it on my hand and it looks promising!

The total worth of the box comes to roughly £50 - this is just an estimate as the sachets of eye cream don't have a weight on them.
If you're planning to sign up with Birchbox, now is the month to do it as they will be donating £5 from the sale of every May box to Fashion Targets Breast Cancer - a damn good cause if you ask me. Annoyingly the fiver will only be donated if you sign up through a referral link, so if you're interested here's mine.

10 comments:

  1. I'd be chuffed with the Tea too xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a brilliant box but still haven't received mine :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. this box looks soooo awesome! wanna subscribe to one of these too:)
    lots and lots of love from switzerland!
    xxx
    http://fromarmanitozurich.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  4. The OPI colour is gorgeous and the body butter sounds nice but I agree if you were to get lots of them then it would be a bit shit cause you can only use it so often x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little tip with regards to the OPI mini polishes is that the code underneath the polish identifies them if you type them into the OPI website's search bar :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what an amazing box. I'd love to try the Make Believe highlighter, the shade looks gorgeous.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really understand putting food or drink products into beauty boxes. I don't mind chocolate as long as it's an extra not actually one of my items but I can't stand tea so would be pretty unimpressed to find tea in one of my boxes!

    Becky @ thelittleblogofbeauty.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sound of the body soufflé sounds as if you could eat that too! xx Love you to check out my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like such a good box! :)

    Kelly xx

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete