Monday 13 May 2013

editor's pick birchbox


Nick Chavez Beverly Hills Plump 'N Thick Leave-In Thickening Mist | Birchbox Eyelash Curler | EBOOST Pink Lemonade | Jason Lips Bee Healthier Lip Balm | Nail Girls Silver Polish | L'Occitane Angelica Hydration Cream 

In my last Birchbox post I mentioned that I had a voucher code for a free Editor's Pick box as a perk of subscribing. Well, it's finally arrived and I'll be honest here and say that this box seems like more of a box of leftover samples that needed to be got rid of, rather than the "editor's picks". Nevertheless, a freebie is a freebie and here's a run-down of what's inside.

The Thickening Mist and the L'Occitane moisturiser for me are the stars of the box and I'm looking forward to trying both of them out, however I don't have any need for the lip balm or the eyelash curler as I already own both so they'll be passed on to friends.
I'm guessing that the pink lemonade sachet is some sort of powder that you add to water, and according to the website it's an energy supplement. I'm planning on taking this with me to the biology exam I have in two days time along with a bottle of water, so I have some caffeine in me. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I can't function without caffeine. Especially when I've been up all night cramming.
Usually I'm all over nail polish like a rash, but metallic shades just don't appeal to me that much - they're a bit too streaky for my liking. I'm imagining this would look lovely with some kind of nail art though, and the mini bottle is the perfect size for some like me who never ever manages to get through a whole bottle of nail polish.

A little Latest in Beauty sample box also arrived today, and I'm still debating as to whether they're value for money or not - sure, they only cost £1.50 but the samples are so small...
Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Hmm I wonder about the LIB pack but its only £1.50 xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the Caudalie cream in the LIB samples but, like you, couldn't decide if it was worth it. I didn't fancy anything on this months so haven't bought one. I quite like your editor's pick box although agree with the 'need using up' comment! I wasn't quick enough to get one :( x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have received some of these products in past Birchboxes so I see what you mean about it containing products that appear to have been left over. The L'Occitane cream looks like a fab product though and like you say, it's not bad for a free box :) x

    http://www.beautyboxuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete