Sunday 29 September 2013

september favourites

Autumn is here! Ooh I'm looking forward to October. It's my birthday on the 6th, and the day after I'm jetting off to Sardinia for 10 days. Aw yees.

Every time the cold seasons roll around, I find myself applying more makeup that I otherwise would and this past month I've taken a liking to eyeshadow. Usually eyeshadow is something that I can take or leave, it's very much an unnecessary extra in my book but lately I've really been enjoying the Stila In The Light palette (review to come soon) and the Collection Eyeshadow Pencil in Vanilla Sky. Both were recent purchases and now they're a part of my daily makeup - the Collection Eyeshadow Pencil is great for a quick inner corner highlight and for a wash of colour if I'm in a rush; and the Stila palette is just... brilliant. My go-to shades are Kitten, Bliss and Sandstone, all of which blend like a dream and are well pigmented.
As well as eyeshadow, I've also been loading on the foundation, but with the changing seasons and the weather being all over the shop my skin has had one too many dry patches. Because of that, my foundation hasn't been sitting on my skin properly meaning that I've resorted to doing something I never do - using a primer. The Gerda Spillmann Hydro Pearls Moisture Lotion Makeup Primer came in a Birchbox and I've been slathering this on my face in the hope that it will do something. And it works. Not only does it make my foundation glide on and prolong the wear time, but it also moisturises and doesn't do that horrible primer thing where it balls up when you rub it. I guess I'll have to shell out for the full size.
The NYX Blush in Taupe also featured in my latest haul, and in that post I mentioned how I was hoping that it would be a good contour colour - well, to put it short it's better than I could have wished for. Granted, it's not as opaque as a few of my more warm toned bronzing contours, but it stops me from going over the top and of course it is buildable. And - AND - it's the perfect eyebrow shade for me. Can you see why I love this yet?
My lips have already embraced the autumn, and my berry lipstick of choice this month has been the famous Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte lipstick in 107. Pretty much everyone owns this shade, and not without good reason as it's such a great one-size-fits-all colour. I was thinking of doing a post on my favourite inexpensive berry lipsticks, but when it came down to it I only had eyes for my beloved Rimmel shade. Guess I need to hit Boots and pick me up a few more variations. Like I need more lipsticks. 

9 comments:

  1. Kate Moss lipsticks are one of faves these days!
    Also i like the Stila palette, the colors look so natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the Stila In The Light palette so much! It looks amazing.. The NYX blush looks really great as a contour colour too, but it's so hard to get a hold of here! xxx

    Rachael from overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I can't wait for your Stila in the Light Palette review, I really want to buy but may need some more convincing! I just bought a Kate moss lipstick as well, yours looks so pretty xx

    Ohhval.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 107 is such a gorgeous colour but I do wish that Rimmel had shade names. Your photography is gorgeous.

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard great things about Stila palettes! I always check them out in Sephora, one of these days I'll finally give in and pick one up! That eyshadow pencil looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post - my birthday's on the 8th!!
    ♥♥♥ that lipstick colour it is gorgeous!!!!

    Kisses xo, Selorm.
    She Just Talks | sjtx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great favourites! 107 is my favourite shade at the moment too! So beautiful, looks amazing on you!

    Claudia xx

    Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete