Friday 6 September 2013

notd | red and blue

Sally Hansen Brisk Blue | Nails Inc for InStyle It's Red, Babez

Classic french manicures are boring.

I first tried this nail art (if you can call it that) using the red nail polish - a Nail Inc shade with a name so cringey it's laughable - as the base, but it was too sheer and the drying time took so long that I ended up smudging it within an hour, removing it and starting again using Sally Hansen's Brisk Blue as the base this time. I cannot recommend the formula of the Insta Dri polishes enough, Brisk Blue was opaque in two coats, and as the name would suggest, dried almost instantly. The brush is really wide too, allowing for a quick application.

A little announcement: I've finally made a Facebook page! It's Clouds & Cuticle Oil, and I'd love it if you could give me a little "like" if you enjoy reading this little blog - you can just use the little widget on my sidebar and that'll get you updates on when I've uploaded a new post.

4 comments:

  1. Nice nails ! Love the colour contrast ! Xx

    -xoxo, Selorm.
    sjtx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've done your nails here! This was all over NY fashion week! xx

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really awful with my nails, I really want to get into nail art! I love the contrast of the blue and red.
    The Style Picnic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these two colours together!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete