The gorgeous Mel from Wall of Mirrors has posted a tag called five beauty truths, where you tell the world five beauty-related things that people wouldn't know and expose them - because we all have flaws. I'm not one to miss out on all the fun, so let's get started!
1. Although I do my fingernails really often, I only give myself a pedicure about once every three or four months - apart from in the summer when my feet are on show.
2. I wash all my makeup brushes after every few uses apart from my powder brush, which only gets a bath every two weeks to a month, it just takes forever to dry. And I'm lazy.
3. I don't throw out makeup after it's expiry date, especially mascaras, sometimes I have so many on the go that if I obeyed the "three month rule" that would mean chucking out a mascara that I've only used a few times and I don't like wasting things!
4. I never really bother with eyeshadow on a day-to-day basis. If I'm going out and have ages to get ready I'll put some on, but when I normally have to go to school and have 5-10 minutes to do my makeup (depending on how comfy my bed is that day) I can't be bothered with primer and eyeshadow brushes and things like that.
5. Beauty gurus on YouTube really annoy me. There's a select few that I enjoy, but for the most part they seem shallow and turn the slightest thing into a whole topic. I remember someone saying that they're talking about an embarrassing topic...and then went on to talk about deodorant. Everyone sweats, girl. Get over it.
And someone else was like "I'm hardly wearing any makeup today, I've only got on foundation, concealer, powder, primer, blush, bronzer, eyebrow powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lip liner, lipstick, lipgloss....You see I'm being really natural today!"
Also when they give out advice and then don't follow it.
On the whole, I prefer reading a blog to watching a beauty video, because when you type you think about every word you say, so you don't go off on pointless tangents and you just get the essential information in, and personally I prefer reading a blog post for two minutes then watching a ten minute long review of something. Not to mention that in blog posts you get really good photos.
Even about personal life, I like blogs better, I dunno, maybe I just like reading. Sorry, I needed to rant a little bit there.
So now that that's done, I've decided not to tag anyone specifically so if you want to do the tag, go ahead! Just be sure to leave a link to your post in the comments, mmmmkay?