Monday 7 October 2013

notd | yummy mummy


Yummy Mummy must be Butter London's most talked about shade, so you can imagine my surprise (speaking as a nail polish hoarder) when it was included in the Latest in Beauty Ultimate Summer Nails Box for only a few pounds more than the nail polish alone costs.
The polish itself is a nude beige colour, with a very slight shimmer that from far away could easily be mistaken for a creme formula. It took three coats to be opaque and didn't take long to dry, but I've got a problem with the wear time. I'm not sure if maybe I have a bottle from a bad batch, but the polish chipped the very next day on more than one finger. That was with OPI Nail Envy as a base and the Nails Inc Kensington Caviar top coat, and after I repainted over the chips for the sake of taking photos (you can still kinda see it on my index finger but oh well) they chipped again the very same day. Not very impressive when you're paying £12 for a bottle. It was so close to being the best nude polish ever.

On a side note, thanks for all your birthday wishes yesterday on Twitter! I'm off on holiday later today, and like an idiot I forgot to write up any posts in advance, so I'm sorry but this blog is going to be a bit barren over the next week or so. I'll make it up to you by bombarding you with posts as soon as I get back, so watch this space!

10 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful colour but I probably would be put off it based on the fact that the wear time doesn't seem to be great and it's quite pricey.. x

    overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a stunning colour but I would want and expect more wear time x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous colour but sounds like a pretty shoddy nail polish! Happy belated birthday :)

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, every time I see this polish I fall more in love. I think I have some similar shades, but this one is just so pretty. I'm going to have to bite the bullet one day and invest! Sucks about the formula, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous nude shade! Happy belated birthday and have a great time on holiday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour, I just bought myself some Maxfactor polish in a similar shade but I really want to try this :)

    Charlotte x

    charolivia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous colour, I love bright colours etc but nudes will always be my favourite :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete