Friday 9 August 2013

essence multi-action mascara

Meet the Essence Multi Action mascara. This little tube promises to curl, lengthen and give volume to your lashes - pretty bold claims for a product whose price tag is next to nothing.
And yet it delivers, making my eyelashes go from barely noticeable to looking like I've applied falsies. In the comparison photos I've curled my lashes, have two coats of mascara on and brown eyeliner, but my eyelashes seem to be drooping a little in the outer corner whilst wearing my old favourite, the Covergirl Lashblast 24HR mascara - so in terms of curling Essence is on top. I'd say they're on par with the amount of length they give as both manage to make my eyelashes long enough to touch my brows; as for volume, well, I don't know what's in that Essence mascara but oh jeez does it work. The formula is also an intense black, darker than any of my other mascaras and it makes a surprisingly large difference in how much it makes my lashes stand out.
Negatives are that it can flake slightly if I've had a very long day that was filled with constantly rubbing my eyes and falling asleep on public transport. A little bit of smudging is inevitable as well (but really all non-waterproof mascaras smudge on me).

The main problem is Essence aren't sold anywhere in the UK that I know of, and their online presence might as well be nonexistent for the amount of good it does us UK makeup hoarders. I'm going to be a little upset once this tube runs out, and will probably have to seek out some cheap flight to Spain in order to get my mascara fix. So next time you're in country abundant in Essence makeup stands, keep an eye out for the Multi Action mascara. This little guy will no doubt give your favourite mascara a run for its money.

3 comments:

  1. Its so hard to get your hands on essence in the UK but whenever I have a chance I'm gonna scoop myself up some goodies and bring them home to try haha. I have to say this mascara looks very very good xx

    Angelica // One Little Vice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive never seen essence in the UK before but this mascara looks really nice on your lashes! :)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried this before, but its sounds great from your review. Your lashes look so long! I'm always on the look out for new produts to try. Bring on pay day! Ha x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete