Tuesday 16 April 2013

empties #3

This month may be the month I start to fall behind with my posting, at the moment I'm struggling to think up blog post ideas and coupled with it being exam season (I haven't even started revising, motivation where are you?) I doubt that I'll have the time to write up posts as regularly.
But let's cross that bridge when we come to it, and for now let me share my thoughts on some products I've finished up!
 Lush Tea Tree Water - I've gone through countless bottles of this toner, I use it every day and my skin doesn't feel completely clean if I don't use it. To be honest that's probably just down to habit, but it's got so many good ingredients that it must be doing something, right? It's also great as a refreshing spray in the summer, and Lush also sell another toner water more suitable for dry skin types which I sometimes buy in the winter.
Repurchase? Always.

VO5 Heat Protect Styling Spray - This is a pretty bog standard heat protectant. It's cheap, it's cheerful and that's all I'm looking for - it does the job and I don't feel as guilty subjecting my hair to all the curling, straightening and everything inbetween it has to go through. I wasn't a fan of the cleaning-product style spray though, it seems a good idea but it becomes more of a hassle when you realise that it can only be sprayed when the bottle is upright, which isn't very convenient and I ended up decanting the liquid into an empty spray bottle.
Repurchase? No, I prefer the Schwarzkopf Got2Be Guardian Angel heat protectant and they're virtually the same price.
L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Hand Care - My past experience with L'Occitane hand creams has been great, but for some reason the one from the Immortelle range just didn't work for me. The scent was lovely and smelled exactly like figs but in terms of moisturisation it didn't do anything at all. I would have to apply the cream three times for my hands to be sufficiently moisturised, but after five minutes my hands would feel - I don't know how to describe it - slightly powdery, if that makes any sense?
Repurchase? No.

Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream - I'm very picky when it comes to moisturisers, and very few manage to solve all my skin's problems. My problem with this is that it felt like a primer, which although it did what it's title promises and made my skin feel smoother, it also felt like it was clogging my pores and didn't provide that much moisturisation.
Repurchase? Nope.

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel - I don't think my skin is suited to Dermalogica products - although this cleanser removed my makeup well, it stung when I got it in my eyes (and this happens quite frequently because I'm lazy and don't use a separate eye makeup remover). It was a bit too harsh for me and it felt like it was stripping everything from my skin.
Repurchase? No.

Lavera Basis Sensitiv Organic Q10 Hand Cream - For me this was very much a "meh" product. It was nice enough and smelled good, but it just wasn't rich enough to deliver the moisture my hands need. So it's stuck in this limbo, I don't dislike it neither do I like it enough to repurchase, but at least there's one less sample in my overflowing sample drawer.
Repurchase? No.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh some products I now dont need to buy and try ha... I also love the lush toner xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really want to get the Lush toner, thank you for the review on it!

    www.beautytobakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete