Friday 11 January 2013

the january sales

I know this post is virtually useless as the online sales are almost at an end, nothing worth buying is in stock and all those lovely discount codes are now expired. But who doesn't like showing off what bargains they got?
I didn't go as crazy as I have done in previous years as my bank account is still nursing it's wounds from shopping for Christmas presents, and when ordering online sometimes the delivery charges make the discount on whatever you're trying to buy redundant.
On the subject of delivery charges, the main reason I allowed myself this purchase from the Space.NK sale was that there was a free delivery code floating around - and standard delivery from Space.NK normally costs an outrageous £5.
I ordered the Laura Mercier Cool Classics for Eyes palette which contains two eyeshadows and a cake eyeliner, the latter of which I have never used before and am excited to try.
It was on sale for £10 but now is out of stock, you can find it here for £20 which I still think is a reasonable price for such a high quality palette.

I didn't actually buy anything from Fragrance Direct that was in the sale section, but as almost everything on that website is vastly discounted they fit in with the theme of this post - there's also the added bonus that everything I'm about to mention is still available for the same price I paid!
Let's get the nail polish out of the way first, since it seems to be impossible for me to quit buying the stuff. The L'Oreal Colour Riche is in the shade 205 Rose Bagatelle (£1.20), the Sally Hansen nail polishes are in the shades Green Tea and Thinking Of Blue (99p each) and the last one comes from a brand I haven't heard of before called Manhattan Rock Topia and I have shade 2, a burnt orange (99p).

As the Jemma Kidd makeup line is now being discontinued, it's cropping up on quite a few websites for really cheap. I bought an Ultimate Lipstick Duo in Cleopatra for £2.50, there's a balm on one end and a gorgeous deep plum shade on the other.
The last thing I bought from Fragrance Direct was the Diego Dalla Palma Snow White & The Huntsman palette, this was released last year to coincide with the film so now that all the promotion for the film is well and truly over I'm guessing in the manufacturer's eyes it's value has decreased somewhat.
The palette is amazing, it contains six eyeshadows (three shimmery, three matte), a black eyeliner and a killer red lipstick. Diego Dalla Palma is quite a high end brand, with one lipstick retailing for £14 so I was expecting the quality to be good and I was not let down. Everything has great pigmentation and for the price of £10 (RRP £25) this has to be my favourite makeup purchase in a while.

Forever 21 had a code for 50% off things already in the sale, so I treated myself to a headband, a beige waist belt, a ring and two hats. I like hats. Especially red ones.

Did you pick up any bargains during the sales?

7 comments:

  1. All of these items look amazing! I love the idea of the themed Snow White palette! Really cool. I love Forever21 accessories! So cheap and cute.


    katiechamel.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul shopping in the sales! I got some things from forever 21 in that sale and some sally hansen polishsea just like that!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so gorgeous! I have that Green Tea by Sally Hansen and it's lovely! <33

    XO,
    http://rosychicc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow all these finds look fab. I love forever 21 sales, can't help but treat myself to a few things.

    xo
    Haylee
    http://www.dolledupdaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. really like the pictures! what camera do you use? the jemma kidd lipstick looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some excellent finds

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great buys - the Laura Mercier palette looks lovely, I really want to try some of her products this year :)

    I bought the ghd Air Hairdryer which had £20 knocked off and I bought some St Tropez Gradual Tan which was reduced to £17 but I had £10 on my Debenhams card so I only paid £7 for it :P bargain! xx

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete